Do You Face Enhanced DUI Penalties For A Repeat Offense Or Aggravating Factors?
A straight DUI conviction is bad enough. A drunk driving arrest with a prior DUI or in connection with a car accident is prosecuted and punished all the more harshly. If you or someone you love is facing enhanced DUI charges, it is critical to involve experienced defense attorneys as early as possible.
Our legal team at Ryan Beasley Law has provided skilled DUI defense in the Greenville area and surrounding Upstate counties for over 15 years. We regularly represent clients who find themselves facing severe penalties and even felony charges because of aggravating circumstances in a DUI arrest. Our proactive approach can help you avoid the most serious charges or challenge the underlying arrest. If we succeed, we could protect your freedom, your driving privileges and your future.
Don’t delay. Get us involved right away.
Call Ryan Beasley Law now at (864) 679-7777. .
Aggressive Defense For Repeat DUI And Felony DUI
Any of the following factors can result in more serious charges or enhanced penalties:
- Second DUI – The potential fines, jail time and license suspension for a second DUI conviction can be more than double the penalties for a first offense.
- Third DUI – The minimum jail time for a third DUI is 60 days (and up to three years), plus license suspension for two to four years.
- Fourth DUI – You may face the possibility of one to five years in prison and permanent license revocation.
- High BAC – DUI penalties increase if your blood alcohol level is over .10 and increase again at a BAC of .16 or greater.
- Child endangerment — Driving under the influence with one or more children under age 16 in the car triggers additional fines and/or jail time.
- Felony DUI – Causing great bodily injury or death while under the influence, as in a drunk driving accident, are serious felony offenses punishable by years in prison and staggering fines.
When The Stakes Are Higher, You Need A Better Defense
You cannot afford a conviction or a plea that sends you to jail. We will explore all possible defenses such as challenging the traffic stop or the Breathalyzer results. Sometimes we can intervene with the prosecutor to avoid unwarranted charges. If you hire us, we will vigorously defend you at trial if the prosecution goes forward.